2 navel oranges
1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp (32 total), shelled and deveined
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon minced and mashed garlic
Put the salad on some garlic bread.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoons Cognac
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 firm-ripe California avocados
6 canned hearts of palm, drained, rinsed, patted dry, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
1. Drain shrimp in a colander and transfer to a large bowl.
2. While shrimp are still warm add oil, garlic, and 1 tablespoon juice from orange sections, stirring to coat shrimp.
3. In a small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients until smooth. Sauce may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
4. Halve avocados lengthwise, remove pit.
5. Transfer orange sections with a slotted spoon to shrimp mixture and add hearts of palm, folding ingredients together gently.
recipe healthy rice dish Shrimp Avocado Cocktail