October 12, 2008

The Power of the Head

In the middle of night, I woke up, feeling a tiny little pain on my forehead.
Chris:” Oh, My God! I got hit by the coconut head!”
What?! I could not believe what I heard. It was he who bumped my head when reaching out to me in the dark, and I did not even move.
Chris “You know, the coconut head has the wacky power to make the things around it move.”
Not wanting to reason with him at 2 o’clock in the morning, I decided to let it go and pretended not hearing anything.
Chris:” Marsha, I love you.”
Feeling a little better, I said:” I love you too.” and thought “Hmm…at least, he is trying to make up with me.”
Chris: “You know, I love you out of fear, fear of being smashed by a communist coconut head bouncing around like an angry bull. Duong, Duong, Duong….(Chris is making those animated sound for the coconut head in his mind.). Marsha, you know, this is called the power of the head.”
I guess I was naïve to even think that Chris would be nice to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment