Chinese are notorious for being superstitious. I guess it’s OK of being a bit this way, especially sometimes, it provides us excuses to enjoy our favorite food. It’s the Chinese tradition to have the rice cake for the Chinese New Year dinner. The rice cake symbolizes the wish that the next year will be more prosperous than this year.
Ingredients for the Flour Mix
1) 1 bag of Sweet rice flour （454g
2) 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/2 sugar; 1/2 splenda)
3) 1/4 cup threaded coconut
4) 1 tsp baking powder
5) 1 tsp salt
Tip: Many recipes call for condensed milk. I replaced it with threaded coconut. This way, the rice cake still has the nice coconut flavor but the fat and calorie is much reduced.
Ingredients for the Batter
1) 3 large egg
2) 1/4 cup veggie oil
3) 2 cups skim milk
1) Mix all the ingredients for the flour together
2) Beat the ingredients for the batter together
3) Spray the baking pan with some cooking oil
4) Add 1) into the batter
5) Pour 1/2 of the batter into a 9 inch baking pan
6) Put a think layer of black sesame mix or red bean mix on top
7) Cover with another 1/2 of the batter
Tip: I made my own black sesame mix. The red bean mix is available in any Asian market.
1) Preheat the oven at 350F
2) Bake covered for about 60 min (double check just like how you check for cake)
3) Turn to boil. For 2 min till the top is browned
4) It's done when you stick a toothpick into and are able to take it out with nothing on it
Tip: You want to spray some oil on the foil before covering the baking pan with it.
Cool Down the Rice Cake
1) Cool down uncovered for about 15min
2) Cool down it for another 60 min covered; This will keep cake moist.
Tip:The cake tastes great if you microwave it the next day for just 10 seconds.
Black Sesame Mochi Recipe Healthy Mochi Recipee Healthy Baking Recipe
Net Knowledge Pr5 Free Directory