Seriously, we need a cure over the coffee cakes from Starbuck. Those stuff are flat-out evil and bad. There was once I asked the shop-girl which one might be a remotely healthy choice there. The answer is pretty much nothing.
So, I figured that I need some tasty, moist and yet coffee cake. Here it is... Although it does not taste as good as the ones from Starbucks, I had to admit that, the taste did not suffer much at all.
Ingredients for the Flour Mixture
1) 1 cup whole-wheat flour
2) 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or low carb baking mix (I used Carb Quic)
3) 1 tsp baking soda
4) 1/2 tsp salt
5) 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6) 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
7) 3 tbs sugar (I used Splendar)
Prepare the Flour Mixture
1) Whisk together the all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, the baking soda and salt. 2) In a small bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, cinnamon and walnuts.
Ingredients for the Batter
1) 2 tbs butter, at room temperature
2) 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3) 2 tbs canola oil
4) 3 large eggs
5) 1 tsp vanilla extract
6) 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
Prepare the Batter
1) In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, butter and oil until fluffy. If necessary, use the back of a spoon to press out any lumps in the brown sugar.
2) Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until fully combined.
3) Beat in the vanilla and yogurt.
Ingredients for the Streusel
1) 1/4 cup granulated sugar or Splendar
2) 1/6 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
3) 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4) 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5) 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
6) 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 of whole-wheat flour and 1/2 of oaks)
Make the Streusel
1) Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
2) Stir in the melted butter and then the flour mixture.
3) Mix well and set aside.
Ingredients for Final Assembly
1) Cooking spray
2) 1 and 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, or frozen and thawed (drained)
3) 1/3 cup chopped walnut
Assemble and Bake
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Spray an 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
3) Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, stirring until just combined.
4) Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan.
5) Sprinkle walnut over the batter and top with the blueberries, gently pressing them into the batter.
6) Spoon the rest of the batter into the pan, smoothing the top.
7) Put the streusel on top, pressing gently
8) Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
(serving size, 1 piece)
Calories 210; Total Fat 8.5 g; (Sat Fat 2 g, Mono Fat 2.5 g, Poly Fat 3 g) ; Protein 5 g; Carb 30 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 41 mg; Sodium 230 mg
Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe Coffee Cake Recipe Streusel Cake Recipe healthy baking recipe
Net Knowledge Pr5 Free Directory