A simple vision of food sometimes comes with many advantages, especially when recently both of us have been crazy busy and dealing with nutty jobs.
If we can remove peanut-butter sandwich from the gourmet food category temporarily, just for the sake of argument, nothing comes easier and tastier than a basic, down-to-earth broccoli casserole. The vegetables tasted tender and flavorful. The whole wheat bread added extra chewiness and texture of the dish. It’s perfect for taking leftovers as lunch the next day. And, who said comfortable food cannot be delicious and healthy at the same time? I added some lean ground-turkey in the recipe to give it an extra kick with protein. And this recipes has loads of fiber in it, as it include broccoli, cauliflowers, carrots and whole wheat bread.
Ingredients for the Source
1) 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2) 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
3) 1 1/4 cup light shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4) 1 can of clam chowder soup
5) 2 large eggs
6) 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Make the Source
In a bowl combine the above ingredients together.
1) 4OZ whole wheat bread (2 days old)
2) 1 12OZ bag of broccoli
3) 1 12OZ bag of cauliflower
3) 4oz diced carrots
Cook all the veggies in boiling water for 3-4 min till crispy tender. And put them in a icy cold water to keep them green. Set aside.
Assemble and Bake
1) Get 0.8lb ground fat free turkey
2) Simply marinated the turkey with some salt, poultry seasoning, sage, black pepper and 1-2 tbs of olive oil.
3) Set aside while cooking the veggie
4) Pan fry the turkey with some garlic (optional); take it out and set it aside
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a separate bowl combine the veggies with bread cubes (See the pictures above)
3) Put Turkey meat on top of the veggie mix
4) Spread the wet mixture and vegetables to evenly coat. (See the picture on the left)
5) Place in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
6) Bake for 45 minutes covered.
7) Then remove cover and bake for additional 15 minutes to brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole Recipe Healthy Casserole Recipe Healthy Comfort Food Recipe
Net Knowledge Pr5 Free Directory