老妈笑我。 做个饭这么麻烦。满厨房乱转。一会儿书一会儿电脑的。搞忙完！她没有搞清楚的是。这个又不是她的家常便饭。把一堆佐料弄到一起，在锅里乱弄一下就搞定的。 这就是为什么，老妈是二厨，我是大厨的原因。
Mom laughed at me. She could not understand why I was so all-over-the-place when I just made one dinner?! Why I had to reference both the cook book and my computer all the time？！
What she did not realize is that this is not a simple Chinese pan fry. This is why I am the chef but she is the sou-chef. :)
Ingredients to marinate the lamb
The lamb needs to be marinated for at least 6 hours in advance.
1) 1 tbs ground coriander
2) 2 tsp ground cumin
3) 2 tsp paprika
4) 1 and 1/s tsp ground ginger
5) 1 tsp cinnamon
6) Pepper and salt
7) 2 lb of lamb leg
8) 4 garlic glove and thinly sliced
Marinate the Lamb
1) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients above and set aside 1/2 of the spice mixture for the BBQ source.
2)Stir in 3 tbs of olive oil
3) Adjust pepper and salt to taste
4) Use a small sharp knife to make 1/2 inch deep slits all over the lamb.
5) Press the garlic slices into the slits
6) Coat the lamb with the spiced oil. Make sure to tub it in the slits
7) cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours
Ingredient for the BBQ source
1) 5 garlic glove minced
2) 1 medium onion, finely chopped
3) 3 tbs tomato paste
4) 1 and 1/2 cup beef broth
5) 1 tbs honey
6) 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
7) 6 large pitted dates, minced (2 ounces)
8) 4 tbs fresh lemon juice
Make the BBQ source
1) IN a medium sauce pan. Heat some olive oil
2) Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook over moderately low heat. Until it's softened
3) Add the remaining 1/2 of the spice mixture (the one made to marinate the lamb)
4) Add tomato paste and cook. Stirring for about 1 minute.
5) Add beef broth, honey and cayenne pepper. Simmer over high heat until slightly thickened. About 8 minutes
6) Add minced dates. Simmer over low heart until they break down and the sauce is thick and glossy. About 10 minutes
7) Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice.
8) Season with salt and pepper
Grill the lamb
1) Gril the lamb over moderate heat. Tuning once, until the lamb is nicely charred all over and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the leg registers 130 degree.
2) During the last 3 min of the grilling, brush the reserved date BBQ sauce all over the lamb.
3) Transfer the grilled labm to a carving board and let rest for 10 min
Serve the lamb
1) In a small bowl, toss some mint and cilantro.
2) Slice the labm across the grain and serve with the BBQ source with the mint and cilantro