June 18, 2011

Transition to A New Page of Life

Surreal as it could be, the transition unavoidably forces the life into a to-do list, while the daily rhythm is sadly decided upon how fast each item can be checked-off from the list.

Certainly, half of tasks are required to make the arrangements of the new life, finding a realtor to help look for a new apartment, getting reconnected with my old friends and classmates, figuring out the new routines …., Excited? Certainly not! But, I have always been this type-a woman, who can handle things and get things done, so I am handling it, except I feel like I am simply going through the motions to make sure things gets done and all the necessary tasks are not forgotten.

Unfortunately, some tasks on the to-do list demands cutting ties with the current life and saying good-byes to Santiago (my tailor), to Cindy (the nice woman who does my nails), to my running partners, to co-workers, and the worse of all, to all my dear friends.

There are times, I have to take a deep breath and pray to God that the friendship would never change in spite of the change, the distance between China and here.

Below is my friends from growth group.

1 comment:

  1. Did you move back to China? Good Luck in your future life!

    ReplyDelete